Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Educational Philosophy

As teachers, there are many factors to consider that could be implemented into the classroom, as well as into the teaching strategies. Teachers need to consider their students, their community and the resources surrounding them in order to provide the best education possible for each child in the classroom.

The role of the teacher in the classroom is to provide guidance to their students. They are the mentors and the supervisor of the classroom. Teachers provide a safe and stable environment for their students to ask questions, search for the answers, and continue to be curious throughout their academic careers. Teachers bring in every resource possible to further enhance their students’ learning and inquiries. Teachers go above and beyond their call of duty to make sure that every child in their classroom gets the best education possible.

I believe that student-directed learning is the best way that students can learn. By giving students the opportunity to get the full hands-on experience of learning. Give students the chance to work out the problems themselves. Make the students ask questions in order to find the answers themselves. Having the teacher as a fellow learner in the classroom will greatly influence students to push themselves into the learning.

In order to be an effective teacher, a teacher must have passion for her profession. Along with passion, a teacher must have knowledge of the material being taught, respect for herself and her students, patience, and creativity for their lesson plans. All these traits and more provides the best, most effective teacher.

As a teacher, I owe my students to give them the best education they deserve. I owe it to them to work hard, to encourage them to be curious, and to help them strive to take the learning into their own hands. As a teacher, I owe my students my very best to help them receive all the information and knowledge that they can achieve in my classroom. I owe it to my students that from the moment they walk into the door, to the moment that they walk out, I give them my full dedication and attention; to provide each of them with one on one assistance; to answer any and all questions that they may have that they can’t figure out on their own. I owe it to my students, and to myself, to give my absolute best to each and every one of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment